Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Comparison and why you don't need it.



Hi darlings! 
I've been going through a personal struggle lately and I'm sure many of you go through the same thing. Comparing yourself to others. Everyday we look at others that have a better body than us or better hair or that bag you've been saving up for.  Then we turn around and point out all the things we want to change about ourselves. I've been doing this quite a bit lately and I've noticed my mood changing, how I see many other women as threats and how I treat myself. 
From a bloggers standpoint it's similar but also so much more difficult. Everyday I post photos that I love but after when I'm scrolling through I see things that I want, better hair, smaller waist, cuter clothes, a better camera...the list goes on and on.  It's hard not to compare yourself to others and today I'm giving you some tips on how to look at your own success and build your self confidence all while building up the ladies surrounding you. 





1. Be Proud. Sit down and actually think of all the things you are proud of yourself for. Now this doesn't have to be a huge accomplishment but if it is... WOOHOO!!! Today as I sit here and write this,  something that I am proud of myself for that I did today is walking my dogs and not going to the gas station to get Cheetos. Mini accomplishment...yes but you don't have to save a life or get your PhD to feel a sense of pride. 

2. Everyday stand in front of the mirror and say 5 things that you love about yourself. Talk about a mood booster!

3. You are too unique to compare fairly. Your gifts, talents, successes, contributions and value are entirely unique to you and your purpose in this world. They can never be properly compared to anyone else.

4. Comparison puts focus on the wrong person. You can control one life—yours. But when we constantly compare ourselves to others, we waste precious energy focusing on other peoples’ lives rather than our own.

5. Find inspiration without comparison. Comparing our lives with others is a waste of time. But finding inspiration and learning from others is entirely wise. Work hard to learn the difference.








I hope this helps with all you beautiful ladies struggling with comparison. It's such a hard topic and I'm sure I barely hit the surface but if this helps one of you then I have done my job. Give yourself some peace. xx

My dress is from Zara, one of my favorite stores! Definitely a go to site for ultra chic pieces for an amazing price. 

My ballet flats are from Nordstrom.

Cardigan is from Tommy Hilfiger


Rachel 



No comments:

Post a Comment